Sunday, July 31, 2005

The Shadow Girl

Shadow Girl, whats on your mind?



This [rather crude poem looking back on it] is about a girl i really liked but didnt do anything about; A sad reminder of my stupidness

.

...

.....

.......



The shadow girl's my holy grail

My whims move to her slightest trail

The hazy dreams of life not pale

Floating from the moon...



Her life it simmers, like the sun

The search for someone of her kind

The corner of my eyes did run

For wanting what is in her mind.



-- But given the chance --



Panic in my heart i feel

The nightmares i could introduce

The fight my good will makes me reel

From the hurt that might produce.



-- The realisation sets in --



Its me who lives a life in fear

Denied the hope that i held dear

The shadow girl does not exist -

The shadow's me; a silent mist.



The sunlight girl's my lowly fail

My whims lost to her fading trail

Confusion made my own betrayal

A dream let go too soon...



.......

.....

...

.



To those who love not and hurt within:

Dont skip your chances, for chance come so few.

2 stranger/s added their thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I think that you are too good to have an ordinary girl with you , and thats why you haven't found The Right girl for you , because she won't be like me "all messed up" + a baby who was going to come to this world sooner or later.
You need a girl like you , a Good girl who would see what I see in you with different eyes.
You are the best of my best friends and you know how difficult I am when is related to people , you are not people to me , you are my best friend .....

Jei Matteus Damani said...

Ah you wrote a comment too soon, i hadn't uploaded my poem at the time you wrote your comment.

I am not 'too good'. As the poem vaguely explains, I wouldnt matter if it were the girl next door or the queen of Chile; i am afraid. Not of being hurt, but of hurting the significant other, this one girl i find so dear. Its happened before, and i cant promise myself that it won't happen again. That scares me.

Your 'best of best' friend is afraid Karen; the age-old classic scenario. I have no-one to blame but myself.

...
..
.

On a lighter note, you my friend are not hopeless - you are special, intelligent, attractive and unique in all the world - and as your friend i feel it is my duty to remind you of that.

Your are not messed up. You seem to have a good grip on life, the world, and how you fit in to it; well to a degree much deeper than i can comprehend.

Lucy is a beautiful child with an intriguing little smile and a love for rather intense conversation. A sweet little child, given to a very good and capable mother.

Karen, my best friend, call me up when you need a tasty pizza ;-p

Till then my friend,
Chao
- Jei

Welcome to Jeiganet Online © 2008 Template by:
SkinCorner